MIL-STD-1553 Data Bus Products
MIL-STD-1553 is the standard for data communication over shielded twisted pair cabling on board military platforms. The medium is typically a shielded twisted pair cable with a characteristic impedance of 77/78 Ohms and is configured as a bus structure. Each terminal is interfaced to the data bus via couplers, which provide impedance matching, fault isolation and proper connector termination. The applications for MIL-STD-1553 range from armored vehicles to jet and prop aircraft, satellite systems and launch vehicles. North Hills offers a full line of connectivity products and testers for MIL-STD-1553 applications.
- 251. Factors in the Selection of MIL-STD-1553 Couplers, Connectors and Harnesses
- 252. MIL-STD-1553 Networks Made Simple
- 253. A Simple 1553 Setup for Testing and Application
- 254. What Makes a Good Coupler?
- 255. North Hills Model DBT100A 1553 Network Tester User's Guide
- 256. Receiving Inspection of Data Bus Couplers
- 257. MIL-STD-1553 Umbilical Separation
- 260. Connector Savers - For Space Data Bus Couplers
High frequency wide bandwidth transformers are utilized for Ground Isolation, Impedance Matching, Mixing and Splitting and to convert signals from Balanced to Unbalanced ( Baluns ). North Hills designs and manufactures a wide selection of high frequency transformers for Video Isolation, Medical Imaging, Process Control, Data Communication, Test and Instrumentation and other forms of Signal Processing.
- 158. Ground Isolation when the Video Feed has a DC Component
- 151. Wideband Transformers
- 152.Wideband Transformer Characteristics
- 153. Ground Isolation in Video Transmission
- 155. Tables and Formulas for Return and Transmission Loss
- 156. Measurement of Longitudinal Conversion Loss (LCL) in Balanced Systems
- 157. Return Loss Bridges
- 159. Balun Measurements
- 160. Measurements of Two-Port Balanced Networks
- 162. Testing VDSL Network End Service Splitters
- 163. Testing VDSL Remote Customer End Service Splitters